In order to continue to provide programs and services to women in transition, we welcome your generous financial contributions.
We are a registered charitable organization and official income tax receipts are issued for donations of $25.00 or more.
Please make cheques payable to the Making Changes Employment Association of Alberta.
CRA #88960 9897 RR0001
Donate through CanadaHelps.org
Click the button below to make your donation through the trusted CanadaHelps.org website:
Donations for the Walk-In Closet
We gratefully accept stylish, laundered, seasonal donations of:
- Women’s business and business casual clothing (e.g. suits, skirts, pants, blouses, jackets, dresses etc.)
- Shoes, dress boots
- Accessories: handbags, portfolios, jewelry, belts
- Outerwear (coats and jackets), scarves and gloves
- New and gently used bras
- New undergarments
- New hosiery (knee highs, trouser socks, pantyhose, tights)
- New cosmetics, skin care and personal care products
If you would wear it for a day in the office – we are happy to accept it!
Donations for My Best Friend’s Closet
We gratefully accept donations of new or very gently worn teen clothing items in ladies sizes XS through plus sizes:
- Jeans, pants leggings, skirts, athletic wear
- T-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, cardigans, sweaters, vests, blouses
- Shoes and boots (all seasons)
- Accessories (pack sacks, purses, belts, jewellery, scarves, gloves, hats)
- Jackets (all seasons) and winter parkas
- Toiletries (unopened)
- Brand new undergarments (underwear, bras, socks) and new lace up running shoes (sizes 5-11) are urgently needed
Drop off your donations for the Walk-In Closet and My Best Friend’s Closet at Making Changes, 6516 1A St. SW on the following days:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 am – 4 pm
On select Saturdays also from 10 am – 4 pm.
Upcoming Saturday donation dates:
May: 7, 14 & 28
June: 4, 18 & 25
No appointment necessary for donation drop off on these days.
Naughty Nelly (Artisans & Imports Inc) is now a drop off location for donations to the Walk-In Closet and My Best Friends Closet in the NW (please see boutique website for store hours and address). Please note: Donations may be dropped off in boxes or bags, but not on hangers. There is no room to hang items in the shop. If you are bringing in more than 2 large boxes or bags, please call to arrange a drop off day and time: 403-289-1108. Please consider the quality of your donation over the quantity. Ask yourself: “Would I give this clothing to a friend or family member to wear to a job interview?”
Thank-you Naughty Nelly for supporting Making Changes!!! www.naughtynelly.com
For more information about organizing a clothing drive for the Walk-In Closet, please email us at WalkinCloset@makingchangesassociation.ca or call 403-262-5776 ext.1.
Corporate donations of new items may be accepted in support of the needs of the Making Changes Assoc. and its programs. In-kind donations must be new items and meet the needs of the Association. Tax receipts are available if an itemized list including item cost is included.
For additional information about donations, please contact us at 403- 262-5776.